Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend with Meryl Streep/Julia Childs


Well another day another dollar spent. I have just came back from a mini vacation and it rained all weekend long. Not the best weather for spending what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend. I spent it inside watching movies (what a surprise). I watched Julie & Julia. It was an okay movie. I watched it because my grandmother used to watch Julia Child's all the time on TV and she owns her cookbooks as well. It defiantly was sad when at the end it showed what happened after the movie. I knew that her and her husband had died but i think seeing her life and experiences made it a little bit harder to see.
I don't know how Meryl Streep got the voice perfect but she did. I always thought that Julia Child's had a bit of a shrilly but unique voice and Meryl Streep got it perfect. My grandmother thought she did an amazing job, down to the clothes, food and expressions, but the voice was no. 1 for her.
All of the food made me want to lick the television thought!
All in all 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment